CT Scans and Cone Beam Imaging systems generate 3D, high definition x-rays within seconds. The panoramic images are remarkably clear, which helps with diagnosing and treating dental ailments. These scans allow us to quickly assess your dental needs and get you back out enjoying your life in less time than you might expect from traditional imaging equipment.
What is a 3D Digital CT Scan?
A 3D Digital CT Scan gives us an in-depth, comprehensive view of your mouth, including your teeth, jawbone, jaw joint and the sinuses. It gives us valuable information about a variety of oral conditions, including:
- Position of wisdom teeth
- Jaw-joint problems
- Sinus problems
- Receding bone levels resulting from periodontal disease
- Dental implant planning, and positioning to avoid vital structures
- Possible Cysts / Tumors of the jaws
Advantages over 2D Imaging (Panoramic)
- 3D images showing the exact position of nerves, sinuses and other vital structures
- Better planning – quality and quantity of bone can be assessed
- Improved detail
- More conservative treatment
Fast 3D Imaging Volume
Reconstruction with High Resolution
For more information on patient safety or to schedule a private consultation to discuss your goals, please contact us. Our knowledgeable staff will answer any of your questions or address any dental concerns you may have.