Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyones’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients.
- The practice complied with infection control policies for the control and prevention of cross infection. To achieve this we follow the latest infection prevention guidelines form the Dept. of Health .
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilized after use
- Work areas, the dental chair and handles are decontaminated in between patients.
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- All our staff have training in infection control.
- We routinesly change gloves between patients.
- Staff who may have a blood borne infection have an occupational health examination and take expert advice on their role in treating patients
- All staff have appropriate training in safeguarding children.
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained
- Waste is handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers
We run a clinical governance system which uses integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyse and manage of all risks and incidents. The goal is continuous improvement in our care and service to you.
The Registered Managers have overall responsibility at the practice. The team is supported through regular meetings, staff training, personal deveolopment and regular appraisals. Our practice always welcomes questions, comments and suggestions from patients.
For more information on patient safety, or to schedule a private consultation to discuss your goals, please contact New York Dental Group. Our knowledgeable staff will answer any of your questions or address any dental concerns you may have.